Tuesday, September 13, 2011

It IS That Easy Being Green!

Welcome to our weekly post, "It IS That Easy Being Green!" Each week the students will decide on one "green" tip that is easily accessible in our school building. We had originally planned on writing a newsletter each week, but my amazing kids pointed out that this would be a waste of paper. So we're taking the "green" road (as opposed to the high road, I suppose) and allowing our school to access these tips via our blog.


Here it is, our tip of the week:

When leaving a workroom or restroom, turn the lights off. If nobody is using the room, why leave the lights on? This will cut our energy costs!

And there you have it! Sensible advice from my sensible and savvy students!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful job you all are doing with saving energy! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know I appreciate all the hard work "Alice's Paper Shredding Company" is doing. Thank you for all the recycling and for passing on the helpful hints we all can use at school and at home. I will be checking your blog each week for your tips ! Keep up the good work ! !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed with the workers in Alice's shredding company. I am going to start recycling paper in my office and giving it to you!

    Ruth O'Dell
    Superintendent
    Franklin County School System

    ReplyDelete